You will benefit from our in-depth knowledge of introducing innovation into old systems. We are skilled in continuously reducing the costs of both high speed and classic rail.
Our track record
During the past decade, Network Rail has reduced the cost of operating and maintaining its network from £6.47 to £3.62 per train. And we’ve reduced average possession times from 54 hours to 8 hours whilst improving quality and safety. We’ve made these improvements as we’ve accommodated a significant increase in train numbers.
We have the experience to help you improve the performance of your network too.
Standardising your processes and right-sizing your workforce
You can transform the efficiency of your railway by having the right number of maintenance people with the right skills.
Additionally, when you standardise your maintenance tasks, you will be able to compare performances across all your routes and depots.
We can help you to achieve the asset performance and speed of response that you want. By assessing your processes and organisation set-up, we can optimise your work force and competencies and allow you to determine your maintenance workload and task frequency.
Modern railway technology enables you to locate, record and rectify faults before they affect your trains or compromise safety.
You will be able to predict asset failures and reduce site visits if we improve the quality of your asset information by:
- using a measurement train to detect track problems through plain line pattern recognition, digital imagery and analysis software
- equipping your front line staff with mobile technology to record inspection findings, photograph evidence of assets and log standardised tasks
- installing intelligent infrastructure that monitors and reports on its performance.
Challenging maintenance and engineering regimes
You can improve the performance, safety and cost of your railway by working with our consultants to:
- create standards and processes that are based on the level of service you want – not historic practices or manufacturers’ prescriptions
- develop asset specific policies based on an analysis of the criticality of those assets
- design and implement a renewals strategy that maintains all your assets – from legacy infrastructure to the latest high-tech equipment.
- Automation and new technology strategies
- Competency frameworks
- Maintenance structure auditing & benchmarking
- Risk-based maintenance
- Standard work practices
- Training courses & access to our training centres
- Works planning & possession management.