Network Rail Consulting Welcomes Brent Lesjak as Associate Vice President – Rail Transportation, US
Boston, 24 March 2022 - Brent Lesjak joins Network Rail Consulting’s (NRC) North American executive team in the role of Associate Vice President – Rail Transportation. Based in Boston, Brent will lead NRC’s business for the Massachusetts geography as well as support growth across North America.
Mr. Lesjak brings over 22 years of experience in the rail industry, specializing in program management and full lifecycle project delivery within the infrastructure space. He has a diverse background in forming and leading multi-disciplinary teams for clients across North America. Prior to NRC, he served in progressively responsible roles providing consulting services in key geographies such as California, Illinois/Missouri, New Jersey, Maryland, Canada, and Massachusetts, and is ideally suited to drive the delivery of technical excellence across NRC’s service portfolio.
Brent commented that “Network Rail Consulting is a differentiator in the rail space by being able to deliver solutions from the perspective of an owner. I am excited to join the passionate team of NRC professionals and look forward to driving growth while providing value-added solutions for our clients”.
Chris Heald, Regional Director for NRC in the US, added “I am delighted to welcome Brent to the team, leading our support to key clients in Massachusetts such as MBTA and Keolis. His wealth of experience in helping agencies deliver projects on time and on budget combined with his leadership qualities helps position NRC as the go-to consultant for critical areas such as asset management, transformation, major projects, systems integration, and rail operations. His appointment adds to our unique blend of domestic and international experience that builds on the wealth of knowledge developed by Network Rail as the UK’s mainline rail system owner / operator”.
For further information, contact:
Sam Clarke, [email protected]
Notes to Editors
About Network Rail Consulting
- Network Rail Consulting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail and was established in 2012 to benchmark Network Rail’s capabilities in the international market and enhance the capabilities of its staff through international experience which could then be deployed back into its UK operations.
- The board of directors of Network Rail Consulting comprises Jeremy Westlake (non-executive chair), Nigel Ash (global managing director), Andrew Noble (finance director) and Ian Dobbs (non-executive director).
- Network Rail Consulting has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada and the USA; and operates from offices in Boston, London (HQ), Melbourne, New York, Riyadh, Sacramento, San Francisco, Sydney, Toronto and Washington DC.
- Network Rail Consulting is selling the full range of rail expertise available within Network Rail including asset management, maintenance planning and optimisation, timetabling and simulation modelling, technical assistance and interim management; and project and programme management.
More information can be found at www.networkrailconsulting.com
About Network Rail
Network Rail owns and operates Britain’s rail infrastructure network – one of the world’s most intensively used rail networks. Our network is the fifth busiest rail network in the world and the second busiest in Europe. We:
- Provide a safe and efficient national railway network that carries over 1.8 billion passenger journeys, 16.6 billion tonne kilometres of freight and 7 million train movements every year;
- Own, maintain and operate 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges, tunnels and embankments and thousands of signals;
- Operate 20 major stations which handle 800 million passenger journeys and own 2,500 other stations, which are leased to train operators;
- Employ 42,000 people in asset management, operations, maintenance, renewals, and enhancement projects; and
- Have an annual turnover of over £8bn, with capital expenditure of over £5bn per annum.