Network Rail Consulting Welcomes Derek Jackson as State Manager - Queensland, Australia
Brisbane, July 2022 – Derek Jackson joins Network Rail Consulting (NRC) Australia in the role of State Manager - Queensland.
With more than 20 years of rail experience both in Australia and overseas, Derek brings a wealth of knowledge and skill to the NRC Australian team across freight and passenger rail as well as rail infrastructure.
Prior to joining Network Rail Consulting, Derek was Customer Director at Alstom Transport in Australia responsible for all growth opportunities including urban and freight trains, trams, rail signalling and systems as well as rollingstock maintenance ensuring safe and reliable transport and logistics solutions for his customers.
Moving to Queensland in 2005, Derek worked exclusively in the freight rail sector for customers such as Aurizon and Pacific National before shifting back to passenger rail in 2015 after joining Alstom and working closely with key clients including Queensland Rail and Transport and Main Roads.
Derek commented “It’s exciting to have the opportunity to join the dedicated and professional Australian Network Rail Consulting team of rail experts. Network Rail Consulting has a unique offering for our Queensland customers and with the current boom in rail infrastructure planning and construction, our global expertise is needed more than ever. It’s a challenging role and I’m looking forward to the challenge and adding value to our team and for our clients”.
Mark Pettigrew, Regional Director for Network Rail Consulting in Australia, added “It is great to have Derek join the team to build upon the great work we have delivered in Queensland and strengthen the excellent working relationships we have developed there over the last three years”.
For further information, contact:
Sam Clarke, [email protected]
Notes to Editors
About Network Rail Consulting
- Network Rail Consulting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail and was established in 2012 to benchmark Network Rail’s capabilities in the international market and enhance the capabilities of its staff through international experience which could then be deployed back into its UK operations.
- The board of directors of Network Rail Consulting comprises Jeremy Westlake (non-executive chair), Nigel Ash (global managing director), Tim Shoveller (non-executive director), Andrew Noble (finance director) and Ian Dobbs (non-executive director).
- Network Rail Consulting has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada and the USA; and operates from offices in Boston, Brisbane, London (HQ), Melbourne, New York, Riyadh, Sacramento, San Francisco, Sydney, Toronto and Washington DC.
- Network Rail Consulting is selling the full range of rail expertise available within Network Rail including asset management, maintenance planning and optimisation, timetabling and simulation modelling, technical assistance and interim management; and project and programme management.
More information can be found at www.networkrailconsulting.com
About Network Rail
Network Rail owns and operates Britain’s rail infrastructure network – one of the world’s most intensively used rail networks. Our network is the fifth busiest rail network in the world and the second busiest in Europe. We:
- Provide a safe and efficient national railway network that carries over 1.8 billion passenger journeys, 16.6 billion tonne kilometres of freight and 7 million train movements every year;
- Own, maintain and operate 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges, tunnels and embankments and thousands of signals;
- Operate 20 major stations which handle 800 million passenger journeys and own 2,500 other stations, which are leased to train operators;
- Employ 42,000 people in asset management, operations, maintenance, renewals, and enhancement projects; and
- Have an annual turnover of over £8bn, with capital expenditure of over £5bn per annum.