Network Rail Consulting Welcomes Emma Duncan as Service Line Director, Advisory
Sydney, August 2022 – Emma Duncan joins Network Rail Consulting (NRC) Australia, based in Sydney, in the national role of Service Line Director, Advisory.
Emma has 24 years international multimodal experience, having worked in the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia. She has worked for both public transport authorities and transport operators and maintainers.
Within public transport authorities, Emma has taken leadership roles in the specification, procurement, tender negotiations, contract management and commissioning of large complex multi-billion dollar projects. She has also led the development of commercial frameworks and Concept of Operations and Maintenance including service provisioning, capacity analysis and the integration of new rail builds into existing rail networks.
Emma has experience of heavy rail and light rail franchises in the UK and Australia and the procurement of rolling stock contracts in Australia and New Zealand. She has worked for rail operators, in business development and contract transitions as well as worked for Network Rail Consulting’s parent organisation, Network Rail, the owner and infrastructure manager for the U.K. railway network.
Emma commented “The pipeline for significant rail projects in Australia is exciting and working for Network Rail Consulting will enable me to contribute to many of these City shaping projects”.
Mark Pettigrew, Regional Director for Network Rail Consulting in Australia, added “It is great to have Emma join the team to strengthen and grow our offering in the advisory space and build upon the great work we are delivering nationally”.
For further information, contact:
Sam Clarke, [email protected]
Notes to Editors
About Network Rail Consulting
- Network Rail Consulting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail and was established in 2012 to benchmark Network Rail’s capabilities in the international market and enhance the capabilities of its staff through international experience which could then be deployed back into its UK operations.
- The board of directors of Network Rail Consulting comprises Jeremy Westlake (non-executive chair), Nigel Ash (global managing director), Tim Shoveller (non-executive director), Andrew Noble (finance director) and Ian Dobbs (non-executive director).
- Network Rail Consulting has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada and the USA; and operates from offices in Boston, Brisbane, London (HQ), Melbourne, New York, Riyadh, Sacramento, San Francisco, Sydney, Toronto and Washington DC.
- Network Rail Consulting is selling the full range of rail expertise available within Network Rail including asset management, maintenance planning and optimisation, timetabling and simulation modelling, technical assistance and interim management; and project and programme management.
More information can be found at www.networkrailconsulting.com
About Network Rail
Network Rail owns and operates Britain’s rail infrastructure network – one of the world’s most intensively used rail networks. Our network is the fifth busiest rail network in the world and the second busiest in Europe. We:
- Provide a safe and efficient national railway network that carries over 1.8 billion passenger journeys, 16.6 billion tonne kilometres of freight and 7 million train movements every year;
- Own, maintain and operate 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges, tunnels and embankments and thousands of signals;
- Operate 20 major stations which handle 800 million passenger journeys and own 2,500 other stations, which are leased to train operators;
- Employ 42,000 people in asset management, operations, maintenance, renewals, and enhancement projects; and
- Have an annual turnover of over £8bn, with capital expenditure of over £5bn per annum.