Network Rail Consulting Welcomes Susanna Homan as Director Operations, Australia
Brisbane, May 2022 – Susanna Homan joins Network Rail Consulting (NRC) Australia in the role of Director Operations.
As a senior leader within the transport sector, Homan has 30 years of international rail experience across three modes of rail transport; passenger rail, trams and light rail.
Prior to joining Network Rail Consulting, Susanna was Director, People, Operations and Railway Strategy at the Rail Delivery Group in the UK. Susanna’s rail career has spanned passenger rail, tram and light rail operations across Australia and the UK. Starting as a Customer Welcome Host at her local station, Homan was accepted onto the Graduate Management training scheme and from there has enjoyed the learning and growth that the variety of positions within the rail sector has afforded her.
Susanna commented “I’m delighted to have the opportunity to join the dedicated and professional Australian Network Rail Consulting team of rail experts. Network Rail Consulting has the unique ability to be able to reach back into its UK company and so I get to work with experts I also know from the UK too. I’m looking forward to the growth and experience I will gain from this role, and I hope to add value to our team and to our clients”.
Mark Pettigrew, Regional Director for NRC in Australia, added “It is great to have Susanna join the team to further delight our clients in the provision of rail operations advice. With her wealth of domestic and international hands-on operational experience our clients are sure to benefit and greatly improve the way they do business in the future”.
For further information, contact:
Sam Clarke, [email protected]
Notes to Editors
About Network Rail Consulting
- Network Rail Consulting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail and was established in 2012 to benchmark Network Rail’s capabilities in the international market and enhance the capabilities of its staff through international experience which could then be deployed back into its UK operations.
- The board of directors of Network Rail Consulting comprises Jeremy Westlake (non-executive chair), Nigel Ash (global managing director), Tim Shoveller (non-executive director), Andrew Noble (finance director) and Ian Dobbs (non-executive director).
- Network Rail Consulting has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada and the USA; and operates from offices in Boston, London (HQ), Melbourne, New York, Riyadh, Sacramento, San Francisco, Sydney, Toronto and Washington DC.
- Network Rail Consulting is selling the full range of rail expertise available within Network Rail including asset management, maintenance planning and optimisation, timetabling and simulation modelling, technical assistance and interim management; and project and programme management.
More information can be found at www.networkrailconsulting.com
About Network Rail
Network Rail owns and operates Britain’s rail infrastructure network – one of the world’s most intensively used rail networks. Our network is the fifth busiest rail network in the world and the second busiest in Europe. We::
- Provide a safe and efficient national railway network that carries over 1.8 billion passenger journeys, 16.6 billion tonne kilometres of freight and 7 million train movements every year;
- Own, maintain and operate 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges, tunnels and embankments and thousands of signals;
- Operate 20 major stations which handle 800 million passenger journeys and own 2,500 other stations, which are leased to train operators;
- Employ 42,000 people in asset management, operations, maintenance, renewals, and enhancement projects; and
- Have an annual turnover of over £8bn, with capital expenditure of over £5bn per annum.