In late 2016 Keolis carried out a study to identify the level of fare evasion on the Boston Commuter Rail Network and the associated financial loss to the MBTA. As a result, the study the MBTA instructed Keolis to improve revenue collection, reduce fraudulent activities and install automatic ticket gates at Back Bay, North Station and South Station. Keolis approached Network Rail Consulting to understand if it had the knowledge and capability to undertake the full development and delivery of the installation.
- Finalize budget and asset installation project plan gant chart with Keolis team
- Develop and agree the final designs for the three assets with potential suppliers & stakeholders
- Gain approvals for designs and implementation with local stakeholders (Keolis, MBTA, Station
- Managers, Local Authorities)
- Run RFP and select provider(s)
- Develop installation, training and commissioning project plans and manage delivery of them to time and budget
- Ensure process for ongoing maintenance is documented and handed over to Keolis.
Client: Keolis Commuter Services
Start date: June 2017
End date: December 2019
Duration: 18 Months
Services provided: Provide subject matter expertise to support the design development, delivery and implementation of automatic ticket gates at the three largest footfall stations in Boston, MA.