Hurontario Light Rail Transit – O&M Procurement Technical Advisory
Client: Hurontario Light Rail Transit (Hurontario LRT)
Start date: 2017
End date: 2018
Duration: 8 Months
Services provided: Technical Advisory, Technical Writing Services.
Network Rail Consulting (NRC) provided Operations & Maintenance Technical Advisory & Technical Writing Services during the procurement phase to support Acciona, Cintra and RATP Dev members of the consortium Hurontario Light Rail Connection Partners (HLCP).
HLCP were submitting a proposal to design, build, finance, operate and maintain the Hurontario Light Rail Transit project for to Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx.
The Hurontario LRT project includes:
- Approximately 20 kilometres of new dedicated rapid transit between Port Credit GO Station in Mississauga to the Gateway Terminal at Steeles Avenue in Brampton;
- 22 stops with connections to GO Transit's Milton and Lakeshore West rail lines, Mississauga MiWay, Brampton Transit, Brampton Züm and the Mississauga Transitway; and
- A maintenance and storage facility for the light rail vehicles at Highway 407.
Network Rail Consulting provided an Operations and Maintenance Technical Working Group for the duration of the procurement process.
Pre-Submission Support of RFP Response
- Assist in the preparation and review of the technical submission;
- Review of system designs to determine operational effectiveness and efficiency, and assess the most cost-effective methods of operations and maintenance over the life of the project;
- Advise on all operations and maintenance deliverable components ensure that decisions were a made to support an optimized O&M strategy;
- Assist with the development of a risk profile and migration strategy;
- Respond to questions and advise on technical and operational aspects of the Consortium Interface and Project Agreements;
- The writing or rewriting of any element of the proposal as determined by Acciona or Cintra;
- Review all technical information and develop into a technical response; and
- Advise on the solution of the FM Facilities Maintenance.
Development of technical paper and presentations for client to delivery to Metrolinx and IO:
- Write sections of the technical response;
- Arranged and lead workshops to generate innovative O&M solutions for the proposal, acting as technical advisor to client; and
- Advised on optimization of resources to ensure a competitive bid price.