Roger O'Donnell Joins Network Rail Consulting Australia in the Role of State Manager - Victoria
Melbourne, April 2023 – Roger O'Donnell joins Network Rail Consulting (NRC) Australia in the role of State Manager - Victoria.
With more than 30 years of rail experience both in Australia and overseas Roger brings a wealth of knowledge and skill in Team Leadership, Business Development and Project Delivery to the NRC Australian team. In this role, Roger will be responsible for leading the Victorian team and continuing to expand NRC's presence within the region.
Prior to joining Network Rail Consulting, Roger was a Senior Associate within the Transport Team at Advisian in Australia. Roger was responsible for managing the deployment of over 40 staff members to deliver rail-based engineering and consultancy projects, including the delivery of over 2,000 wagons from China for Australia operations.
Roger commented "NRC has a sole focus to improve outcomes across the rail industry using the knowledge gained as a manager of one of the largest, and most technically advanced rail networks in Europe. It’s great to be working with a team that is highly regarded for its technical depth and experience in successfully delivering projects for its clients."
Adam Boughton, Regional Director for Network Rail Consulting in Australia, added “We are delighted that Roger has joined us to continue the growth of our Victorian rail presence. Roger's extensive rail consulting experience in the Victorian market provides further value to clients that are seeking great ideas and solutions to their challenges”.
For further information, contact: [email protected]
Notes to Editors
About Network Rail Consulting
- Network Rail Consulting is a wholly owned subsidiary of Network Rail and was established in 2012 to benchmark Network Rail’s capabilities in the international market and enhance the capabilities of its staff through international experience which could then be deployed back into its UK operations.
- The board of directors of Network Rail Consulting comprises Jeremy Westlake (non-executive chair), Nigel Ash (global managing director), Tim Shoveller (non-executive director), Andrew Noble (finance director), Neil Reynolds (non-executive director) and Ian Dobbs (non-executive director).
- Network Rail Consulting has subsidiaries in Australia, Canada and the USA; and operates from offices in Boston, Brisbane, London (HQ), Melbourne, New York, Riyadh, Sacramento, San Francisco, Sydney, Toronto and Washington DC.
- Network Rail Consulting is selling the full range of rail expertise available within Network Rail including asset management, maintenance planning and optimisation, timetabling and simulation modelling, technical assistance and interim management; and project and programme management.
More information can be found at www.networkrailconsulting.com
About Network Rail
Network Rail owns and operates Britain’s rail infrastructure network – one of the world’s most intensively used rail networks. Our network is the fifth busiest rail network in the world and the second busiest in Europe. We:
- Provide a safe and efficient national railway network that carries over 1.8 billion passenger journeys, 16.6 billion tonne kilometres of freight and 7 million train movements every year;
- Own, maintain and operate 20,000 miles of track, 30,000 bridges, tunnels and embankments and thousands of signals;
- Operate 20 major stations which handle 800 million passenger journeys and own 2,500 other stations, which are leased to train operators;
- Employ 42,000 people in asset management, operations, maintenance, renewals, and enhancement projects; and
- Have an annual turnover of over A$13.9bn, with capital expenditure of over A$8.7bn per annum.